YWCA Mohawk Valley (YWCA MV) is accepting nominations for their 2020 Salute to Outstanding Women awards ceremony.
Nominations are open until this Friday, January 24.
Nominations can be made at the following link: https://www.ywcamv.org/events/salute/salute-nominate/
To nominate an Outstanding Woman, visit ywcamv.org/Salute. Nominations are due back to YWCA MV by close of business (4:30 p.m.) on Friday, January 24. The selected honorees will be recognized during the Salute to Outstanding Women luncheon to be held on Thursday, April 16 at Hart’s Hill Inn.
2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, passed after a long and hardfought battle by the suffragists. The work YWCA MV does every day picks up where the suffragists left off: fighting for true equality and uplifting the voices of all women everywhere.
Salute 2020 will celebrate women who do the same. One Outstanding Woman will be honored for each of the eight Salute categories:
- Education: teachers, instructors, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
- Entrepreneur: an individual who has started their own business; large or small, storefront or online, etc.
- Healthcare: physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, opticians, dentists, therapists, healthcare aides, pharmacists, etc.
- Human and Public Service: law enforcement, fire department, armed forces, EMT, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
- Outstanding Youth: girls age 17 and under who deserve recognition for their school related and academic achievements, and/or volunteer in their community
- Professions/Business and Industry: employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry including but not limited to formal education, training, or skills: attorneys, accountants, construction, marketing, etc.
- Social Justice: an unsung heroine whose efforts truly embody YWCA MV’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math): an individual working in and/or promoting STEAM in any field
Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, live or work in Oneida or Herkimer county, and must have demonstrated excellence and leadership in the workplace and/or community. Youth nominees must be 17 years of age or younger and live, work, or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer County. Nominees cannot be past Salute honorees, current YWCA MV board members, or current YWCA MV staff.
This celebration of local women has brought together dedicated women who from across the Mohawk Valley. Now numbering 257 members, the Salute Academy has served as a testament to YWCA MV’s mission since the first Salute ceremony in 1989.
Nominate your Outstanding Woman today!