With the changes going on in Downtown Utica, notably the construction of the new Mohawk Valley Health System regional medical center, parking options for Utica Comets home games have been in question.
The following locations offer parking during Utica Comets games at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium:
- The Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium has 550 public spaces for a $5 fee
- The Kennedy Parking Garage has 450 spaces, located at Columbia and Cornelia streets for a $5 fee
- The Washington Street Parking Garage, located at 71 North Genesee Street in Utica, offers free parking
- There are 42 free spaces available in the City of Utica lot located on Broadway and Oriskany Street (across from the Utica City Court building)
- There are also 185 parking spaces in “underused” lots next to the Compassion Coalition, located at 509 Lafayette Street, Utica, and in the public spaces located on the Columbia side of the Brodock Press building, located at 502 Court Street, Utica.
Guests are asked not to park in the following locations:
- Along or directly across from the concrete barriers around the medical center footprint, which includes the North side of Lafayette Street from Broadway to State Street and the South side of Columbia Street from Broadway to State Street (this is an active construction site)
- Broadway, between Columbia and Lafayette Streets
- Enterprise (Rent-A-Car) lot
- Labor Ready’s parking lot.
To learn more about the new regional medical center, please visit mvhealthsystem.org/downtown-hospital. To receive updates regarding construction of the regional medical center, visit mvhealthsystem.org/construction.