LIFE at RCIL’s Summer Youth Employment Program is still accepting registrations, but time is running out! This is a great opportunity for youth with disabilities to earn some money during the summer, gain skills to start or add to their resumes, meet new people, and get experience. LIFE at RCIL Employment Specialists are available to provide job readiness training and short term job coaching if needed. The Summer Youth Employment Program connects youth with disabilities with career exploration opportunities and paid work experience for the summer.
Eligible participants must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Between the ages of 14- 18, or still in school;
- Be able to work independently, after short term job coaching if needed;
- Live in Oneida County;
- Have a documented disability; and
- Be able to work up to 50 hours during the summer.
To register, contact Lyn at RCIL by calling 315-624-2544. When registering, the following documentation will be required:
- Copy of Birth Certificate;
- Copy of Social Security Card;
- Working Papers;
- Report Card; and
- Selective Service Registration (required for males 18 and over).
For more information or to register, please contact Lyn at RCIL by calling 315-624-2544 or visiting www.rcil.com. Employers who are interested in hiring youth with disabilities for the summer are also encouraged to contact Lyn!