Know One and Be One affords current high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to experience firsthand the educational requirements to pursue a career in engineering. Selected students are paired with a current SUNY Poly student pursing a degree program in our College of Engineering. Selected high school students shadow their SUNY Poly hosts for one day, including attending classes, enjoying lunch in our dining center, meeting other SUNY Poly students, and more.
The process is as easy as 1 -2-3!
- High school students complete the application form and select a degree program in our College of Engineering that they’re interested in exploring.
- College of Engineering faculty pair selected students with a SUNY Poly host who is pursuing that program.
- We notify the selected student with their host’s information and the date of their KOBO experience.
High school students have the option to shadow current SUNY Poly students in the following majors:
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Network and Computer Security: Cybersecurity
The Know One and Be One program is a single-day commitment for high school students (approximately 8 am – 4 pm) and hosted at our Utica campus. They can select from any date between April 3rd through 6th and April 10th through 13th.
Students must register by Friday, February 10, 2023, to be considered for the program.
Please note: this experience is not intended for applicants to SUNY Polytechnic Institute. Applicants offered admission to SUNY Poly will be invited to participate in an Accepted Student Day program. Details to register for Accepted Student Day can be found online at SUNY Poly’s website.