Supporting 19 Local Food Pantries
For the second time in 2023 and for the 12th consecutive year, the staff at Hoffman Car Wash will be collecting non-perishable food items to support local area food pantries. On Saturday, Oct. 21st, and Sunday, Oct. 22nd, Hoffman Car Wash will provide a free Ultimate Car Wash with a food donation.
Hoffman Car Wash has partnered with 19 different food pantries to provide much-needed assistance for families and individuals in need. Each Hoffman location will donate the collected items to a food pantry in its neighborhood.
This year’s pantries include:
- Fulmont Community Action Agency (Amsterdam & Gloversville)
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless (Albany)
- Franklin Community Center (Ballston Spa)
- Good Neighbors (Binghamton)
- Captain Community Human Services (Clifton Park)
- The Food Pantries of the Capital District (Colonie)
- Bethlehem Food Pantry (Delmar)
- The Anchor Food Pantry (East Greenbush)
- Salvation Army (Hudson)
- People’s Place (Kingston)
- Northeast Regional Food Bank (Latham)
- Utica Rescue Mission (New Hartford)
- South Glens Falls Moreau Community Center (Queensbury)
- Rome Food Pantry (Rome)
- The Wilton Food Pantry (Saratoga)
- Hope 7 Food Pantry (Troy)
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry (Vestal)
- Utica Food Pantry (Yorkville)
- TBD (Oneonta)
Suggestions of non-perishable food items to donate include canned meat or fish, canned entrees (stew, ravioli, etc.), canned fruit in juice, canned spaghetti sauce, canned soup, hot or cold cereal, canned 100% juice, and peanut butter and jelly.
To participate, individuals only need to donate one non-perishable food item at any Exterior or Full Service location. A complete list of locations can be found at HoffmanCarWash.com.
The Hoffman Car Wash Food Drive has a significant impact on the community by addressing food insecurity and promoting overall well-being. This event helps foster a sense of solidarity and compassion within the community, encouraging people to come together and support those in need. The goal is to alleviate hunger and contribute to a healthier, more resilient community where everyone can thrive.
The event is part of Hoffman Car Wash’s “Practice Kindness” initiative, which spreads positivity and goodwill in the communities it serves. By practicing kindness, Hoffman Car Wash hopes to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same. Hoffman Car Wash has a long-standing relationship, supporting Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless (IPH), Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), the American Red Cross, and the ALS Regional Center, among many others.
In addition to helping non-profit organizations, Hoffman Car Wash hosts two food drives a year, a First Responders free wash event, and a Veterans Day free wash event.
Hoffman Car Wash also supports many non-profits and youth organizations through its Helping Hands Fundraising program.
About Hoffman Car Wash
Hoffman Car Wash, along with its customer-focused professional team members, has been a leader in the car care industry since 1965. Family-owned and operated, Hoffman Car Wash has locations throughout the Capital Region, Binghamton, Hudson Valley, Mohawk Valley, and Southern Adirondacks.