YWCA Mohawk Valley Seeking Nominations for 35th Annual Awards Ceremony
YWCA Mohawk Valley (YWCA MV) is seeking nominations for their 35th annual Salute to Outstanding Women awards. To nominate the Outstanding Woman in your life, visit ywcamv.org/Salute.
“This year marks our 35th Salute celebration,” said YWCA MV CEO Dianne Stancato. “This tradition is more than three decades strong and we are as delighted as ever to honor the inspiring, empowering, outstanding women right here in the Mohawk Valley.”
Salute to Outstanding Women honors eight women from the Mohawk Valley who uplift and empower their community. Nominations for this year’s celebration must be submitted by Friday, December 8, 2023.
One honoree is selected in each of eight unique categories:
- Business and Industry: employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry; examples include accounting, construction, law, marketing, trade skills, etc.
- Education: teachers, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
- Entrepreneur: someone who has started their own business: large or small, storefront or online
- Healthcare: physicians, nurses, opticians, dentists, therapists in any specialty, pharmacists, healthcare professional and aides, etc.
- Human and Public Service: law enforcement, EMT, fire department, armed forces, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
- Outstanding Youth: girls age 17 and under who deserve recognition for their volunteer work, school-related involvement, and/or academic achievements
- Social Justice: an unsung heroine in the community whose efforts truly embody YWCA MV’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all
- STEAM: someone who works to promote Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and/or Math in any field
Nominations are made by the public and reviewed for selection by a panel of independent judges.
The selected honorees will be recognized during the Salute to Outstanding Women luncheon to be held on March 21, 2024 at Hart’s Hill Inn in Whitesboro, NY.
Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, live and/or work in Oneida or Herkimer counties, and must have demonstrated excellence and leadership in the community and/or workplace. Youth nominees must be 17 years of age or younger and live, work, or attend school in Oneida or Herkimer counties. Nominees cannot be past Salute honorees, current YWCA MV board members, or current YWCA MV staff.
Nominate your Outstanding Woman today!
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are now available for Salute to Outstanding Women 2024. For more information, contact Kayla Hartman, Development Director, by February 23 at email@example.com or 315.732.2159 ext. 235.
All proceeds from Salute to Outstanding Women directly benefit YWCA MV’s 24-hour free and confidential domestic violence services, including emergency shelter, transitional housing programs, crisis hotlines, advocacy and accompaniment, and more.
YWCA MV is available for anyone experiencing domestic and/or sexual violence via our free and confidential 24-hour hotline services. Visit ywcamv.org/Chat to reach an advocate directly through our private, secure server. In Oneida County, call or text 315.797.7740 for domestic and sexual violence crisis services. In Herkimer County, call 315.866.4120 for child advocacy and adult sexual violence crisis services. For more information about YWCA MV, visit ywcamv.org.