The Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS), along with new medical center project partners, Hammes Healthcare and Gilbane Building Company, is holding a Build Your Own Hospital contest for kids in grades K-8. This fun project is being held in preparation for Women in Construction Week 2021 (March 7 – 13) to get more kids and young girls interested in the building and construction industry. Entries will be accepted from Monday, February 22, through Monday, March 15, 2021. Prizes will be awarded to the top three submissions and the winners will be announced through the MVHS website and social media channels on Monday, March 29, 2021.
“Women in Construction Week is an excellent opportunity to not only highlight the amazing women that work in this industry, but to bring attention to the industry as a whole and encourage the younger generations to learn more,” said Hisa Zhu, project executive for Hammes Healthcare. “It is our hope that this contest will not only help kids understand all that goes into a large project like the new MVHS Regional Medical Center, but will give them something creative and fun to work on.”
Here’s How to Participate:
- Use materials you find around the house!
- Make sure your hospital has:
- Main Entrance
- Ambulance/Emergency Department Entrance
- Patient Tower (Ours has nine floors! How many will yours have?)
- Greenspace (a park or garden area with plants or grass to relax!)
- Signage (Visit mvhealthsystem.org/build-a-hospital for printable signs to attach to your creation)
- Submit a Photo of Your Creation to: MVHS@GilbaneCo.com
Visit mvhealthsystem.org/build-a-hospital for more information and resources.