Scrubs & Beyond
There are plenty of good nursing schools out there and, for the most part, any school you choose is going to offer an opportunity to receive a strong education. After all, it’s more about how you apply yourself than where you apply yourself, right? We wanted to put this theory to the test and determine if certain schools offer better outcomes and career opportunities than others. In other words, which are the best colleges for nursing? Before we reveal the full list and our methodology, here’s a quick look at the top 10:
- Chamberlain University – Arizona
- Chamberlain University – Virginia
- Molloy College
- Simmons University
- Waynesburg University
- Immaculata University
- D’Youville College
- University of Washington Bothell
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Winona State University
Calculating the Best Nursing Schools in the US
To gain a better understanding of the best nursing programs in the US, we tapped into the latest data releases from the Department of Education’s College Scorecard and the National Center for Education Statistics. Leveraging this data, we compared over 1,000 colleges and universities across three main categories: school factors, nursing programs, and career potential.
- School Factors: Graduation rate (the higher the better) and total annual cost (the lower the better).
- Nursing Programs: The ratio of nursing graduates to the student population. The larger the better.
- Career Potential: Average earnings 6 years post-entry (early career), average earning 10 years post-entry (mid-career) and employment rate 6 years post-entry.
Our goal was to create a list of the best undergraduate nursing schools, those which offer a low cost, high graduation rate, and solid career outcomes for nursing students.
With our criteria in place, we ranked each institution to determine which would make the list of the top nursing schools in the US. With strong numbers across the board, the best college for nursing in 2021 went to Chamberlain University’s Arizona campus. Keep reading to see the full rankings below.
To request more information about SUNY Poly, please visit: https://sunypoly.edu/admissions/request-more-information.html