Staffworks is looking for experienced candidates with leadership skills for a Shipping Manager position with a manufacturing company in the Utica area.
The Shipping Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely picking, staging and shipping of all customer orders, while adhering to customer routing guides and instructions, and all rules, regulations and safety guidelines.
- Oversee all shipping personnel and assign workloads as required to maximize productivity, efficiency and on-time shipping of customer orders.
- Appropriately staff personnel between warehouses and obtain approval for overtime, as required.
- Ensure the timely scheduling of carrier pickups for all outbound freight. Schedule delivery appointments as necessary.
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to, all customer routing guides and instructions as well as all health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the proper storage and rotation of finished goods inventories. Isolate and ensure the reworking of damaged finished goods materials. Coordinate with Production Planning and Inventory Control.
- Along with the Director of Warehouse & Distribution Operations, develop appropriate KPI’s to monitor department performance and improvement opportunities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing/supervising a manufacturing shipping department.
- Previous experience using a Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Schedule: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (with overtime when needed)
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000 (depending on experience)
Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or call 315-735-5050.
Staffworks is the largest regional provider of staffing services in Central New York. Our 8 offices mean more variety for job seekers throughout our local communities.
The basis of our 27-year record of award-winning growth is making “The Perfect Fit.” The right person for the right job commitment doesn’t stop there, we Guarantee Service Satisfaction.
Whether you’re seeking employment or searching for talent find out why Staffworks is an Oneida County born success story!
Staffworks profits support the Staffworks Fund established in 2005 at the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties. The Foundation manages over $15.5 million in Staffworks funds that support nonprofit organizations providing direct care and services for animals and people Since inception, the Staffworks Fund has donated, $6.8 million to 57 organizations.