Staffworks is recruiting for an experienced Payroll Coordinator for a nonprofit organization in Utica, NY. The Payroll Coordinator will work cross-departmentally to audit and verify all time keeping records of employees’ hours worked as well as any deductions or withholdings required to comply with state and federal law.
- Completes all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Inputs changes and adjustments into payroll software related to new hires, terminations, wage increases, department transfers, tax deductions, direct deposits, etc.
- Provides assistance to appropriate personnel regarding payroll inquiries, time clock user procedures, and the interpretation of payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintains an organized and secured filing system for garnishee records, punch detail reports, payroll reports, and information, etc.
- Ensures accuracy and reconciles hours worked to hours paid when processing payroll. Accurately accounts for and prepares payroll checks for distribution.
- Utilizes reporting software to comply with requests for reports.
- Audits a preview of payroll to ensure accuracy before transmitting payroll.
- Establishes and maintains payroll and time clock procedures for user departments.
- Conducts payroll and time clock systems/procedures training for user departments.
- Stays informed regarding wage and hour laws.
- Provides suggestions for improvement related to payroll processing operations.
- Associates degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with automated payroll and time clock system a plus.
- Proficient in personal computing and Microsoft Office.
- Must possess and display excellent interpersonal skills.
Pay Rate: $20/hr.
Hours: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. or possibly 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Call 315-735-5050 for immediate consideration or apply online at www.staffworkscny.com.
Staffworks is the largest regional provider of staffing services in Central New York. Our 8 offices mean more variety for job seekers throughout our local communities.
The basis of our 27-year record of award-winning growth is making “The Perfect Fit.” The right person for the right job commitment doesn’t stop there, we Guarantee Service Satisfaction.
Whether you’re seeking employment or searching for talent find out why Staffworks is an Oneida County-born success story!
Staffworks profits support the Staffworks Fund established in 2005 at the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties. The Foundation manages over $15.5 million in Staffworks funds that support nonprofit organizations providing direct care and services for animals and people Since its inception, the Staffworks Fund has donated, $6.8 million to 57 organizations.