Staffworks, in partnership with a local social services agency, is recruiting for a full-time Accounting Administrator.
The Accounting Administrator will perform and maintain the related accounting processes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This complex accounting work involves responsibility for all accounts within the general ledgers and requires an understanding of specific regulations per GAAP in addition to department and agency-wide policies.
- Maintains inventory lists of agency assets in Asset Inventory (AI) system
- Monitors Agency Inventory Custodian reports and audits proper accounting and reporting in AI system.
- Authorizes data entry of accounting functions, reviews work papers and reconciliations prepared by accounting staff.
- Performs accounting work inclusive of journal entries, adjustments and reconciliations.
- Performs internal audits of accounting functions to ensure integrity of account data.
- Coordinates information necessary for internal and external reporting requirements as necessary.
- Coordinates accounting and staff activities directly with the lead accountant to ensure smooth closing and reporting processes on monthly, quarterly, annual and project basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in accounting. Purchasing experience desired.
- Must possess advanced level Excel and financial reporting skills.
- A working knowledge of Great Plains Accounting system and experience with inventory systems is preferred.
Pay rate: $26-$28/hr. based on experience
Hours: 35 + hours per week, Monday – Friday
The organization offers great benefits when hired permanently!
Apply online at https://jobs.staffworkscny.com/jb/Accounting-Admin-Jobs-in-Utica-NY/5751241 or call Melissa at 315-735-5050 ext. 201 for more information.
Staffworks is the largest regional provider of staffing services in Central New York. Our 8 offices mean more variety for job seekers throughout our local communities.
The basis of our award-winning growth is making “The Perfect Fit.” The right person for the right job commitment doesn’t stop there, we Guarantee Service Satisfaction.
Whether you’re seeking employment or searching for talent find out why Staffworks is an Oneida County born success story!
Staffworks Inc. profits support the Staffworks Fund established in 2005 at the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties. The Foundation manages over $15.5 million in Staffworks funds that support nonprofit organizations providing direct care and services for at-risk animals and people in need throughout Central and Southern New York and Pennsylvania.