Mohawk Valley Community College and education partner Career Step Online Training Solutions are offering a Certificate of Infection Control and Barrier Protection Proficiency Course online for free until April 30.
The accredited course, designed specifically for Allied Health professionals, addresses all major elements of infection prevention and provides a simulated practice of documenting patient-doctor communication and clinical events as they unfold. It focuses on pragmatic prevention processes in clinical healthcare environments and includes a special module focused specifically on guidelines for infection prevention as it relates to COVID-19.
The course is self-paced and takes one to three hours to complete. Mentor support is provided. Topics include:
* Mandated Infection Control and Barrier Protection Standards
* Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization (CDS)
* Awareness, Prevention, and Control of Infectious Disease
* Needle-Stick and Sharps Safety (NSS)
* Bloodborne Pathogens Prevention (BBP)
* Personal Protective Equipment in Healthcare (PPE)
* Hand Washing and Glove Requirements for Health and Safety
* Sepsis Awareness and Education
* CDC Guidelines Regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus
For more information, contact MVCC Coordinator of Workforce Development Janelle Perry at email@example.com. To register, visit https://partner.careerstep.com/mvcc/infection-control-barrier-protection-proficiency.