WELLNESS COORDINATOR AUGUST 2021
CLICK TO APPLY: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2673556653/
Accountability: Wellness Coordinator reports to the Director of Community Relations.
Equipment Used: Various technologies and event equipment. Must have basic knowledge of fitness equipment (dumbbells, medicine balls, bands, recumbent bicycles, etc.)
Environment: Works indoors and outdoors in a variety of temperatures and conditions. Must be able to commute daily to New Hartford, New York. This is NOT a remote position.
Hourly Pay Range: $18.00 – $20.55 per hour ($35,100.00 – $40,072.50)
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job by maintaining our high community standards for wellness, special events and activities. The employee must be able to work as a team member and to work within a community that serves the elderly. English fluency and excellent communication skills are essential.
Wellness Program Responsibilities:
- – Responsible for the planning and executing internal wellness programs dedicated to the elderly and monthly special events that produce the following marketing opportunities: Request for coverage, OD Community News and Facebook.
- – When planning programs, adhering to Sunset Wood’s 4-pillars of Wellness being – Physical – Mental – Spiritual – Social – https://www.sunsetwood.org/sw-wellness-program
- – Planning, coordinating, and executing all annual events: SummerFest, Christmas, and New Year’s Parties.
- – Work with Director of Community Relations and Executive Director on fundraising and grant-making opportunities.
Life Enrichment Responsibilities:
- – Responsible for planning and coordination of all internal and external daily wellness programs.
- – Responsible for setting up and taking down of tables, chairs, etc. for all programs.
- – Maintains organization to common areas.
- – Responsible for the purchasing and decorating at all events.
- – Responsible for taking photographs at all events.
- – Coordinates with all departments to successfully execute events.
- – Responsible for preparing and printing the weekly newsletter.
- – Responsible for creating, printing and distributing the monthly calendar and newsletter.
- – Responsible for press releases for activities, events & religious services.
- – Responsible for all social media posts including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- – Responsible for attending all wellness fairs / events as per approved by supervisor.
- – Assist tenants with basic IT problem solving (cell phones, tablets, TVs, computers, etc.)
- – Lead and grow our Google Smart Display Program – https://www.sunsetwood.org/google-smart-display-program
- – Complete training and administer InBody body composition analyzing sessions – https://www.sunsetwood.org/muscle-retention-in-seniors
- – Answers telephone calls quickly and efficiently while relaying information to the appropriate parties.
- – Greet callers before entrance and identify caller before entrance is granted. Accompany caller to appropriate office if necessary.
- – Responsible for maintaining a Wellness budget.
- – Must be willing to continue education by attending approved programs by supervisor.
- – All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education: Minimum 2-years experience within a wellness, recreation, or events environment. Bachelor’s degree in Wellness, Recreation, or Events preferred but not required.
Physical Activity Requirements: Candidates must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift and carry up to a maximum of 30 pounds.
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements: A dynamic personality. An understanding of the aging population, their needs and interests. The ability to plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of social programs both short- and long-term. Proficient in computer software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Publisher, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Applications (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.). Ability to research new technology to implement into wellness programs. The ability to create a positive and energized atmosphere for events. The ability to write effectively. Should be a self-starter who can work independently in a specific time frame with set deadlines and within a budget.
Other Considerations and Requirements: Employee must be able to work without close supervision.
Hours of Work: A regular full-time work week consists of thirty-seven and one-half (37.5) hours typically from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm but may require infrequent nights and weekends as events are scheduled.
Benefits: After completing a 90-day probationary period as a full-time employee, a person is eligible for two (2) Paid Personal Days, five (5) Paid Sick Days, three (3) weeks of Paid Vacation, two (2) Paid Bereavement Days, nine (9) Paid Holidays, a 403(b) Simple IRA Retirement Plan, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flex time, and opportunities for a merit bonus.