Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce Job Announcement
About the Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce (herein referred to as the “Chamber”) is a non-profit, member-based, business organization focused on the development of a prosperous economic climate that will enhance commercial growth and the quality of life for all who reside in the Utica region. The Chamber plays a significant role in the expansion of existing businesses and the attraction of new enterprises that will create jobs with the overall goal of stimulating in economic growth in the area. They campaign for regional governmental collaboration and champion assets that locals take for granted and outsiders do not know exist. Through community engagement and business promotion activities, the Chamber is able to provide its members with the opportunity to be connected, involved and informed.
About the Position
The Executive Assistant/Communications Coordinator (EA) will provide administrative support and assistance to the staff, while serving as the lead point person for the office and all communications and advertising sales related efforts. The EA will work closely with the Executive Director, Greater Utica Chamber Councils and Committees on the execution of all communications and marketing for Chamber events. The EA will coordinate all public relations efforts, with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Councils and Committees, Membership and the media.
- Coordinates Board Meeting registration, preparation and of minutes, and preparation and distribution of monthly board packets.
- Sends out meeting notices, prepare and attend council meetings, and Choo Choo Committee meetings. Prepare minutes for those meetings.
- Assists with daily office tasks.
- Reception for phone and walk-in and email inquiries. Provide information and refer people to proper agencies or organizations to assist them regarding community events, relocation, or general information. Referring to member businesses as a priority.
- Monitors and responds to emails sent to general chamber email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assists with member and potential member inquiries regarding events, programs, and benefits of the Chamber.
- Prepares, executes and distributes monthly invoicing through GrowthZone.
- Assists with maintaining up-to-date member contact information in GrowthZone and Constant Contact.
- Manages Chamber Communications Calendar in Outlook.
- Manages content and executes weekly ‘Week In Action’ email newsletter.
- Coordinates Member-submitted content and executes weekly ‘Member Mentions’ email.
- Coordinates and executes Member Stand-Alone emails.
- Coordinates all graphic design needs with outside Agency.
- Events – Coordinates scheduling of promotion for all events. Manages registration & sponsorship setup in GrowthZone. Reconciles event attendance and payments. Assists at Chamber events with set-up, registration and occasional photography.
- Designs and creates various brochures, flyers, invitations, ads and printed materials for misc. projects as needed.
- Manages digital tv’s in the lobby with up-to-date marketing.
- Primary contact for current events and overall maintenance for content and advertising.
- Maintain Chamber’s presence on social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram with Special Projects Officer.
- Primary contact for Certificate of Origins and related paperwork.
- Prepares and sends Press Releases.
- Handles room rental requests.
- Maintains light cleaning for office.
- Some evenings required.
- Other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications Required/Candidates Must:
- Have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in administrative roles or in roles similar to the detailed responsibilities described above;
- Have an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Some marketing experience preferred
- Have an elevated attention to detail, protocols, and professionalism;
- Have outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal);
- Knowledge of current social media marketing;
- Possess a creative mindset;
- Be highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments (including overseeing service providers/vendors);
- Be comfortable with notetaking during meetings and preparing written reports/web content;
- Be proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office;
- Good knowledge of MS Excel including advanced tools and formulas, complex tables and charts;
- Be self-directed and able to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations with all levels of staff, stakeholders, Chamber members and service providers.
- Prior experience with CRM software, Constant Contact and Canva a plus.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is July 23, 2021.
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce is an equally opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status